Benefits for trainees:
- Increased confidence;
- Improved communication skills;
- Enhanced personal relationship skills;
- Acknowledging stress factors and the way they can alter the behavior;
- Increasing the resistance to stress factors;
- Increasing the capacity to help those in need of moral support as they go through difficult situations;
- Increasing the capacity to identify personal and system difficulties in achieving the personal goals;
- Recognizing mental health problems and recommending specialized help.
Benefits for the others:
- Enhanced quality of life;
- Improved problem solving skills;
- Referrals to the existing community resources;
- Recognition of problems before a crisis develops.
Benefits for organization:
- Decreasing work/school absenteeism;
- Increasing performance due to wellness optimization.
Benefits for community and society:
- Reduced discrimination and stigma;
- Promoting a set of fundamental values;
- Empowered and self-sufficient people;
- Decreased burden on formal mental health services.